Monday, September 9, 2019

The Great Reading Adventure

Last Friday was our assembly it was called the Great Reading Adventure. I was a SUPERHERO. I was BLACK PANTHER. I forgot my mask and my suit but my good friend Millan brought his mask. He didn't bring his suit but it was OK because Whaea Deb had a black t-shirt and I was wearing some black pants so my costume was sorted. All the other superheroes were ready too and we were on as soon as Maui and the Sun and his brothers were off. We were fierce and not scared at all and we were telling jokes like "what's a superheros favourite drink? PUNCH." Or "how does BATMAN'S mum  call him for dinner? Dina dina dina dina dina dina dina dina BATMAN!!!" Then the nonfiction group were up next and they were telling the audience about real things about the EARTH and other non fictional things. Then the next group were Harry Potter's. They were telling everyone about the boy whose  a WIZARD, he spent his life saving the world from Voldemort, the evil wizard. Then we were doing the DUFFY SONG. We were having heaps of FUN!!! We were doing heaps of Duffy dances it was real FUNNY doing our dances. I was embarrassed when my sister Eva saw me dancing.Then we were finished I was so happy that I didn't have to dance anymore.I was so relieved and before when we were practising I was so happy when we were doing the Duffy song because there were no people and I wasn’t scared at all. Finally Duffy, who was Arahia  said "SIR can you hand out the certificates?" Then sir handed out the certificates and then everyone left after the certificates were handed out. 


         
                                                                                                          
FIRST DRAFT


I have written about my class assembly. I am at the editing stage so you might see some mistakes. I am still working on it and will post my published writing next week. 

Kev T3 Recount Practice - The Great Reading Adventure Assembly

02.09.19

Last Friday was our assembly it was called the Great Reading Adventure. I was a SUPERHERO. I was BLACK PANTHER. I forgot my mask and my suit but my good friend Millan brought his mask. he didn't bring his suit but it was OK because Whaea Deb had a black t-shirt and I was wearing some black pants
 so my costume was sorted. All the other superheroes were ready too and we were on as soon as Maui and the Sun and his brothers were off. We were fierce and not scared at all and we were telling jokes like what's a superheros favourite drink PUNCH. Or how does BATMAN”S mum  call him for dinner dina dina dina dina dina dina dina dina BATMAN!!! Then the nonfiction group were up next and they were telling the Audience about real things about the EARTH and other non fictional things. Then the next group were Harry Potter's. They were telling everyone about the boy whos  a WIZARD he spent his life saving the world from Voldemort.The evil wizard then we were doing the DUFFY SONG we were having heaps of FUN!!!. We were doing heaps of Duffy dances it was real FUNNY doing our dances I was embarrassed when my sister Eva saw me dancing.Then we were finished I was so happy that I didn't have to dance anymore.I was so relieved and before when we were practising I was so happy when we were doing the Duffy song then because there were no people and I wasn’t scared at all but I don’t know why then Duffy whos Arahia  said SIR can you hand out the certificates then sir handed out the certificates and then everyone left after the certificates were handed out.                                                  

1 comment:

  1. I like some of the words that you have used in your writing Kev. Relieved is a good word- we feel relieved when you do your homework! We can see that you have used lots more full stops in this piece of writing and we are looking forward to seeing the completed version. Well done Kevin!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.